Sunday, February 17, 2013

I was never a girl that used to wear blush, I used to believe the less amount of product on your face the better (which I still believe). But then I saw how blush could liven up your face a bit, and now I see it as an essential, well on days when I'm not in a rush out the door to work or if I do have that little bit of extra time to apply it on my cheeks.

After I had decided to get into this whole blush crush, I tried out as many different brands as possible: Too Faced, NARS, Tarte, Benefit, Milani, e.l.f., hard candy and N07. I of course love the higher end ones but they are also not as bank friendly, so I wanted to check out what the drug stores had to offer.

I had seen many recommendations for e.l.f. so I decided to give that a try and with it being $3, why not? Lets start with packaging, I LOVE THE PACKAGING! The packaging is very similar to NARS except it actually has a window for you to see what color the blush is. :) I did not know which color I had wanted to try and tickled pink had attracted to me the most because of the gold shimmer that was in it. It reminded me a lot of NARS Orgasm. Which of course I was very exited when I had saw that at Target with Oneo.

Now let's talk how the product actually performs. I must say that I was rather disappointed. This product contains a lot of shimmer that is not very subtle. It's so extravagant that the camera can even pick up on those pigments. I am not huge on lots of shimmer, but I had noticed that if it is subtle enough it gives you a very pretty glow, which can be beautiful, but when I apply this blush I feel as if there are fall outs, which is not pretty. However, I do want to be fair, I have not tried the ones that are more matte in the e.l.f. lines so I will one day try it out and let you guys know how that goes! <3

Onto the next one: Milani Baked Blushes. Ohmygosh these are amazing! The two colors that I own are dolce pink and berry amore. They both look beautiful with my yellow skin. These blushes do have shimmer as well but it is very subtle that gives you a nice glow. I had first purchased berry amore which retails around $7 depending on the drugstore you go to. I do not even know what else to say about this blush, it's just that great for me. The berry amore does give me a tanner look and the dolce pinks gives more of an innocent look with the pop of pink.

Dolce Pink
For me, I'm not an oily person so I can't say for those that are oily, but these blushes lasts on me ALL DAY, it's like they just don't budge! Which is a bonus for me because I do not like to reapply/touch up my make up throughout the day (well not that I touch up my make up anyways, but just saying). ;)

Next one up: Hard Candy's spicey and sweet. What attracted me to purchase this blush was the packaging. It is super adorable with "fox in a box" written across the top  of it. Another reason is because Hard Candy used to be sold in stores like Sephora and now that they are at Wal-Mart, I figured why not give it a shot? I can't say that I am super impressed though. I felt like this product was very chalky and it was hard to blend all those colors together to get one solid application. But I have tried some of those different colors individually and it's a lot easier to pick up on those colors. This retails for about $7 which is not a bad price and it's not a terrible product, I think I just had higher expectations for how this product would perform. :( I think for $7 I would rather get another one of Milani Baked Blushes. :D

Last but not least, I have the N07 Natural Blush in 20 Honey. This blush is more matte which is why I was attracted to it at Target. Honey is kinda a peachy tone in it and looks very subtle on the face. Of course if you want to have a little glow/attraction to your face, you would have to apply highlighter separately. I do like this but I do not see myself reaching for it. It's one of those products where I sometime's just "stumble" upon it and think "oh maybe I'll use that today. "

I know this is pretty long and it kinda dragged but I hope it was informative and would make you think about what you want in a blush the next time you go searching for one!

Love, 
Anny

No comments:

Post a Comment