Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Take A Journey to Natural Beauty, Courtesy of Tarte Cosmetics

I'd never think to describe myself as someone naturally of organically aware. I don't always do what's best for my body, but I am learning how to make healthy and conscious choices. It doesn't mean you can't indulge in delicious sweets or irresistible promises. It just means being selective about the unhealthy things that find its way to your body. 

For this reason, I have always been an advocate of Tarte Cosmetics. Their products are made of natural ingredients that focus on the overall health of your skin. To name a few, they're made without parabens (toxic, disrupts normal hormone function) and synthetic fragrances (may contain hundreds of chemicals that are neurotoxins). I think it's fair to say that going Tarte is one of the better decisions I've made.

Anyways, when I saw the 6-piece (really 7 if you count the Brazilliance Self Tanner sample I received) Journey to Natural Beauty collection as QVC's TSV (today's special value), I had to get it. You get 6 beauty essentials and a super adorable multi-colored chevron pouch that you can use as a makeup bag or clutch.

 

What's included in this collection:

• Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Foundation (I got light)
•Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Plummy Rose
•12-Hour Amazonian Clay Blush in Fearless
•Lights, Camera, Flashes! Statement Mascara in Black
•Brown Architect Brow Shaper
•Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush (not pictured)

This is a lovely collection, so let's move on to what I thought!

Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Foundation: I already own this as well as the airbrush finish brush, but I didn't mind getting another one of each because I truly enjoy it. The formula is smooth and blendable, and light is a perfect match for my skin tone. Most importantly, this keeps the shine at bay. I have oily skin, so this is essential. The only negative thing I have to say about this is that it's not really a "full" coverage. It fades after 6-8 hours and could last shorter or longer depending on my activities.

Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Plummy Rose: This is a VERY moisturizing lipstick. It's soft, light, comfortable, and buttery goodness. This is one of my favorite Tarte products ever. EVER. It delivers on all fronts and I would highly purchase this again if it became a permanent part of Tarte's cosmetic line. I sometimes even prefer it over my chapstick. The only thing I dislike is the packaging. It's made of cardboard and honestly feels a bit cheap.


12-Hour Amazonian Clay Blush in Fearless: This shimmery warm pink shade is so pretty. It also has amazing pigmentation and staying power like all of their blushes. Need I say more?


Lights, Camera, Flashes! Statement Mascara in Black: The bristles on the wand have really fine points that are great for getting deep into your lashes. My lashes look plumped and lengthened with just one application. It does tend to clump just a little where the mascara gathers at the end, but I just have to comb through my lashes. I've heard complaints that it starts flaking off after 5 hours, but I haven't had that issue.

Brown Architect Brow Shaper: This has become a holy grail for me. It's a 3-in-1 pencil for brows! On one end you have a spoolie, on the other end you have a retractable brow pencil, and in the middle you have a brow concealer. I was worried at first that the pencil would be too dark for me, but it comes out pretty faint and makes my brows look natural. You can definitely build it up for a more dramatic look. If that's what you're going for then the concealer is perfect because you can really shape and define your brows with precision.

In summary, this entire collection is fab. It retails for over $160 and I got it for $59.94. It was an offering I couldn't resist. It's now $65.94, but it's well worth the splurge for what you get.

Any Tarte lovers in the house?

XoXo,
Oneo

No comments:

Post a Comment