Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Fall/Winter Skincare Essentials


I know I'm not alone when I say that my skin gets SUPER dry during the fall and winter season. The coldness heightens my dry skin and chapped lips to a whole new level. Here are some of my favorite and must-have fall/winter beauty products that help with the transitional weather (in no particular order).


1. Philosophy Purity Made Simple

I love this cleanser! It's so gentle, but effective. It doesn't dry me out or make me oily. It works for a lot different of skin types. I purchased this a few years ago on someone's recommendation and I haven't turned back. It does claim to remove all of your makeup on top of deep cleaning your pores, but I haven't had much luck with that. I still need to remove my makeup separately, and once that's been removed, it does an excellent job of deep cleaning my pores. It also doesn't smell as bad as people make it out to be. It smells herb-y and I actually really like it.



2. Skin79 Rose Mist Toner & Skin79 Smart Clear Deep Cleansing Oil

I love the way the Skin79 Rose Mist Toner feels. My skin feels refreshed and rejuvenated. Rose water is also so fragrant, so that's always a plus. I'll admit that I'll use any excuse to use a mist toner, but I really do feel that this Skin79 one locks in the moisture. I have pretty sensitive skin and rose water does a good job of soothing it.

I tried out Skin79 Smart Clear Deep Cleaning Oil for the first time when Anny brought it over and I fell in love! It's not what you would expect for a typical cleansing oil. It's not thick or sticky. It not quite the consistency of water, but it's very light. Whatever it is, it works wonders. I only need the smallest amount to remove ALL of my makeup and it makes my skin super soft and moisturized, without making it oily. The only thing I found unpleasant was the smell. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's too overpowering for me. 

If you are interested in these or other Korean skincare products, I found these at Pretty & Cute.


3. Victoria's Secret PRO Smooth FX Lip Scrub & Balm

Finally! I have found a lip scrub that works well! I love that this little jar contains two different products. On the bottom you have a decent amount of lip scrub and on top you have a very buttery lip balm. The lip scrub isn't harsh. It does a good job of scrubbing away the dead skin cells and leaving you with the perfect canvas for any lip stain or lipstick. I wish there was more of the lip balm on the top (or sold separately) because it works so well for me. It's not greasy and very long-lasting. The consistency is like Vaseline, but moisturizes like a lip butter.


4. TONYMOLY Appletox Smooth Massage Peeling Cream

Isn't the packaging so cute? I'm a sucker for cute things, so I couldn't resist getting this. The first thing I noticed was the fresh scent of green apples. Mmm. 

I thought the name of this product was a little misleading. I was expecting some sort of a peel, but it wasn't like that at all. Once your face is clean you're supposed to massage it onto your skin for a few minutes, leave it for 30 seconds, and then wash it off with lukewarm water. There was no peeling of any sort, so I was slightly disappointed, but who knows. Maybe I'm using it wrong. I do like the product as a whole. It claims to help get rid of dead skin cells (Maybe that's what they meant by peel?) so that your skin can absorb nutrients provided by the other skincare products you might use. I don't find the claims to be untrue. It makes my skin feel really, really clean and I have noticed that my moisturizer absorbs better since I've started using this twice a week. 

I also found this product at Pretty & Cute.


5. Josie Maran 100 percent Pure Argan Oil

I don't even know where to begin with this product. This is my absolute, holy grail moisturizer of ALL time. I didn't believe it when someone said it would work on oily skin. I was so wrong to not believe because it opened my eyes to what my skincare has been missing this whole time. Despite having oily skin, this product actually helped balance my complexion. To elaborate, it corrected it. My skin is no longer oily and has become normal. My skin has never felt so calm or refreshed. If you have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin, I highly recommend this. If you are worried about putting oil on your face, try the light version that Josie Maran recently released. Start off by using it only at night and work your way up to using during the way. Your skin will love you. I never knew what it meant to "moisturize" my face until I tried this. 

I hope you guys enjoyed reading about some of my favorite fall/winter skincare essentials. They are a must for me during the cold seasons. It took me a long time to find some of these products, but they were worth the wait, as so many things are when you find what's right for you. Please do let us know if you try any of these. Let us know what you think!

Xoxo,
Oneo

No comments:

Post a Comment