Wednesday, December 18, 2013

#TAGbeautytalk

Hello loves and happy Wednesday! Today I'm going to do something a little different and answer some really fun questions. I was tagged by Jess from www.jessicasbeautygarden.blogspot.co.uk on Instagram, so here we go.

What products have stood out to you this year?
I have a bit of an obsession with the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. What I like about these is that there really is no right or wrong way to apply it. It's so versatile. It's not like your typical highlighter. It gives your skin a natural glow that lasts long, smooths out your skin and minimizes imperfections. While different shades are used for certain things, you can use them as an overall setting powder, to highlight specific areas of your face, or to enhance your bronzer and/or blush.

Which makeup items would you recommend for young girls or people who are just getting in to beauty?
Experimenting with makeup should be fun, so I would definitely recommend e.l.f. or NYX eyeshadow palettes. The colors are rich and they come in a variety of shades that you can create SO many looks with. Plus, they are super affordable and you don't have to be a beginner to love these products.

Favorite high street and high end beauty brand?
My favorite high street (drugstore) brand is Revlon. Whenever I buy something, it never disappoints. I really love that the ColorStay foundations come in different formulas for different skin types, which is unique for a drugstore brand.

My favorite high end brand is MAC Cosmetics. I love that there is so much versatility in their colors, products, and packaging, which is always a good thing, right? Well, at least it is for me. There's always something exciting going on. They do an excellent job at hyping up new collections, providing tips from their pos, and updating me on the latest and the greatest products.

Most disappointing product you've tried?
I don't like to invest in primers, simply because they don't really work for me. I don't know why, but it makes my makeup look cakey, heavy, and oily. Despite its promises, it never delivers. I am still searching, though, so I will let you know when I find the perfect formula for my skin!

A beauty item you use every day?
I can't go without Josie Maran's 100 percent Pure Argan Oil. Argan oil has so many skincare benefits and it breathes life back into my skin by giving my face a healthy glow and keeping it moisturized all day long.

What are your essentials for winter?
You can check out my recent post here to see my winter essentials, but to list a few I am absolutely in love with Josie Maran's 100 percent Pure Argan Oil, Philosophy's Purity Made Simple, and Victoria's Secret's PRO Smooth FX Lip Scrub & Balm.

Your favorite product for a dramatic, party look?
I love a bold lip -- whether it's a classic red, hot pink, bright orange, or a deep burgundy. Sporting a bold lip is timeless. It may be intimidating at first, but once you get it right, it intensifies your look and is the ultimate confidence booster. The key to rocking a bold lip is owning it, and of course, having fun with it.

What's on your Christmas list (beauty-wise)?
Where do I start? There are so many things that I want, but I'll keep it simple. The first, most-coveted item is the Sigma Sigmax Essential Kit (10 brushes). The second item is the Urban Decay Naked3 palette. Lastly, I want pretty much everything from the Magnetic Nude Collection by MAC that's launching on December 26th. I am so excited that they are bringing back their Extra Dimension Blushes and Skinfinishes. I am not letting myself miss out this time!

I hope that you enjoyed my answers. I'm glad that Jess tagged me because this has been really fun. I tag you all! Be sure you use #TAGbeautytalk on Instagram and don't forget to visit Jess' blog for more details.

XoXo,
Oneo

No comments:

Post a Comment