Thursday, December 26, 2013

New MAC Magnetic Nude Collection


Merry (late) Christmas! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and spent it with wonderful company.

I was excited beyond words to hear that MAC decided to re-promote the Extra Dimension line in the Magnetic Nude Collection. The shimmer and metallic effects of this collection are so unique. The collection launched in stores and at counters today, so go check it out. You won't regret it!

I'm so addicted to the MAC Mineralize Skinfinishes and I couldn't resist the Extra Dimension Skinfinishes in this collection. The finish makes your skin glow with warmth and has a soft frosty sheen. The color payoff is excellent and the texture is soft and easy to blend onto your skin.


Here is a close-up view of the MSFs. Superb (top left) is a soft nude with a champagne frost. Fairly Precious (top right) is a light peach with a peach frost. Magnetic Appeal (bottom) is a copper brown with a gold frost.

From left to right: Fairly Precious, Magnetic Appeal, and Superb

These highlighters are fantastic. They're really beautiful and flattering. Not only are the colors and textures extra dimensional, but so are the finish and glow it gives your skin. The nude and peachy tones are flattering and don't make you look pale like some metallic highlighters do.

If you need a better reference of how these shades might look on you, my foundation shade at MAC is NC25.


Like the MSFs, the Extra Dimension Blushes have excellent color payoff and are easy to blend. There are three blushes in this collection, but the one I ended up getting was At Dusk, which is a soft, neutral pink with a gold frost. 


Isn't that gorgeous? I already know I'm going to get a lot of use out of this blush.


I love me some nude lipsticks, so you can imagine my surprise when I saw promo pics of the lipsticks in this collection. There are four gorgeous shades, but after lots of swatching, I fell in love with Close Contact, which is a peachy nude with an amplified finish. Living up to its expectations as an amplified finish, the color pigmentation is great. It also has a creamy consistency.


In short, the MAC Magnetic Nude Collection is amazing. Each product has its own magnetic appeal. Although I didn't pick up any of the Fluidlines, Lipglasses or Extra Dimension Eye Shadows, I can tell you with certainty that they swatched beautifully. I'm happy with my selection and I hope that you enjoy this collection as much as I do.

XoXo,
Oneo

No comments:

Post a Comment